Welcome to the SPARQL endpoint vocab.getty.edu
The Getty Vocabularies: The AAT, TGN, ULAN, and CONA contain structured terminology for art and other material culture, archival materials, visual surrogates, and bibliographic materials. Compliant with international standards, they provide authoritative information for catalogers and researchers, and can be used to enhance access to databases and Web sites. The Getty Vocabularies are produced by the Getty Vocabulary Program (GVP) and grow through contributions.
The Art & Architecture Thesaurus (AAT) ®
The Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names (TGN) ®
The Union List of Artist Names (ULAN) ®
Documentation and Downloads:
GVP Semantic Representation:
HTML (for linking), PDF (for printing).
Sections GVP URLs and Prefixes and Semantic Resolution describe the used URIs and provide examples. All prefixes that we use are in prefixes.ttl.
Comprehensive Sample Queries are included.
GVP ontology: HTML, RDF/XML, Turtle
- Datasets: (NTriples Zip, see doc section Export Files before using!):
- VOID: void.ttl (see doc section Descriptive Information)
Associative Relationship Types: Full Matrix by Codes PDF|Excel
- General information about the Linked Open Data projects
Explore the Dataset:
- Text search: Use 'All/AAT/TGN/ULAN' to select the vocabulary. Enter either text or concept ID in the query box. Multiple words in the text are 'AND'ed. Use 'Brief' to search only terms. Use 'Full' to search scope notes and terms.
- SPARQL Query: Click on the 'SPARQL' link in the header. Sample queries are included below the query box, but please read doc section Sample Queries that provides a lot more detail!
Questions, Comments, and Sharing Usage Stories:
We have established a public discussion forum that we hope the community will use use to ask questions, discuss issues, and find solutions related to the technical aspects of this publication. Usage stories and examples are especially welcome and encouraged to help us all learn from each other. So don't be shy, let the community know how the LOD versions of the Getty Vocabularies are useful in your wotk.
- Explore the forum: Community Support Forum
- Join the forum: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting Google Groups, searching for 'Getty Vocabularies', and using the 'Join Group' option.
Previously we provided support at http://answers.semanticweb.com/tags/getty/, so please check there for older answers.
For questions and comments about editorial content or general information regarding the Getty Vocabularies, please contact us at email@example.com.
The data is released under Open Data Commons Attribution License. Adherence to ODC Attribution instructions for the correct assertion of attribution is encouraged. The preferred forms of attribution are:
- AAT: "This [title or report or article or dataset] contains information from Art & Architecture Thesaurus (AAT)® which is made available under the ODC Attribution License."
- TGN: "This [title or report or article or dataset] contains information from Thesaurus of Geographic Names (TGN)® which is made available under the ODC Attribution License."
- ULAN: "This [title or report or article or dataset] contains information from Union List of Artist Names (ULAN)® which is made available under the ODC Attribution License."
Special Case: In circumstances where providing the full attribution statement above is not technically feasible, the use of canonical AAT/TGN/ULAN URIs is adequate to satisfy Section 4.3 of the ODC Attribution License.
The Cultural Objects Name Authority (CONA) ®